Covid Secure at the Ruskin
For our hotel residents and day guests, we’ve looked at each step of the customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, whilst still giving you the outstanding RUSKIN experience you expect.
*Please note: our processes and precautions will be under constant review, and this guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information. We will, of course, always comply with all government regulations – and more.
You can book your stay online or by calling our team on
We recommend before booking your stay that you read through our Safe Stay procedures to ensure you understand all the actions, we have in place to keep you safe during your stay and minimise the risk of Covid-19 spreading. We strongly recommend when available that you download the government approved track and tracing application to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
If you have any concerns about your stay, our team will be happy to talk to you further about these.
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include; A high temperature and a new and persistent cough.
- If you have booked directly with us, prior to your arrival we will email or contact you with all the necessary information about your stay, our latest Covid-19 management processes and information about the local area.
- If you have not booked directly with us, you can find all the information relating to your forthcoming stay online.
Arrival & check-in
- We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enterthe hotel. These include; A high temperature and a new and persistent cough.
- We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines we have in place to protect you and our teams. Any of our guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
- We have added Perspex screens to our reception stations, so we can all keep our distance. If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay simply dial 0 from the phone in your room. Please note we have thermometers at reception should you feel concerned at any point during your stay.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at all hotel entrances and in reception areas for you to use. we politely ask you use these before entering the hotels.
- Our check-in process has been streamlined to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience. Please also note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash. Our check-in time remains the same, from 14.30.
- Reception areas have been reconfigured where necessary and marked out to ensure social distancing of a minimum of 1 meter can be maintained at all times.
- All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day and after use by our ‘Clean Team’ and checked by our management team.
- During these times we have been advised against handling your luggage or belongings or showing you around the hotel or to you room. However, we are always happy to help and will ensure we do so with your safety in mind.
- If you have any special requirements, please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
- We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you use these when moving around the hotel.
- Extensive cleaning of shared surfaces will be conducted throughout the day by our ‘Clean Team’ and checked by our management team.
- We have equipped our washrooms with sanitising sprays in the cubicles and sanitising handwash at the basins, as well as hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
- To avoid overcrowding in the washrooms, we ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms whenever possible.
- Signage has been put in place with guidance on usage of our lift. You are welcome to use the lifts and we’ll ensure they are regularly sanitised. We ask that they are occupied by only one person at a time, in your social bubble or your family group. Following government guidelines, you may be required to wear a mask in such confined spaces.
- When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of 1 meter between yourself and other guests not in your group.
Bedrooms & Bathroom
- We will provide handwash / soap in all our bedrooms for you to use.
- Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
- Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture is sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
- All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
- Linens and towels are professionally washed on a high heat, with added sanitisation.
- Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
- Should you prefer, housekeeping will not enter you room during your stay. Please advise the reception team at check-in or use the door hanger provided.
Please note Our wellness centre & gym will remain closed until further notice
Food & Drink
- If you are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 we ask that you call us on 0 from your room.
- When you stay with us you can dine in the designated dining areas at the pre booked dining time, please ensure you book at reception
- We have extended our dining spaces to include our events rooms to ensure all diners are a minimum of 1 metre apart with additional risk minimising measures in place.
- If you are not staying with us, you can still dine with us. All that we ask is that you book your table in advance and provide the necessary contact details to support the NHS track and trace programme.
- We recommend all diners download the NHS track and trace application once available.
- We will be offering an à la carte breakfast for you to enjoy during your stay. To manage physical distancing, we will agree a dining time with you.
- If you are staying with us, we will confirm at check-in your dining times during your stay.
- To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will offer a full table service throughout the hotel’s bars, restaurants and lounges.
- We have created separate entry and exit points to our restaurants where possible, limiting contact and maintaining social distance between all guests and our team.
- We have equipped our sanitising handwash at the basins, as well as, hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry and exit points to use and should be used every time you enter or exit dining areas.
- All our food and beverage team, including those in our kitchens, bars and restaurant, undergo further training and sanitisation prior to starting work and will be appropriately attired in line with PPE guidance.
- We will only be accepting room charges, credit and debit cards at this time.If you only have Cashthen please speak to reception to set up a pre-payment account. Any credit remaining at the end of your stay will be returned to you.
We are fortunate to have a restaurant with an abundance of space, so we are able to operate at normal capacity whilst adhering to the recommended social distancing guidelines. We have achieved this by extending dining times, we have limited the numbers in the restaurant at any one time. Please understand that we can’t guarantee you will have your first choice of time, bookings are on a first come first served basis, but everyone will be seated.
Dinner service from 5.30pm – 8.30pm, dining times can be booked at reception, Call 0.
Breakfast – served from 8am – 10am – You can choose your prepared time. Call 0.
You can dine with us feeling assured that we have in place precautions to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep you and your fellow diners safe. CALL 0 TO BOOK.
NB: We are able to offer dining for tables of up to eight people which must consist of only two households.
Roly’s Bar, the Rembrandt and The Regency Suites, provide ample seating for all guests to find a table at all times of the day, our team will offer full table service, there will be no bar counter service until restrictions are eased.
PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THE FURNITURE, IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE PLEASE SPEAK TO A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM.
ALL DRINKS WILL BE CHARGED TO ROOM ACCOUNTS OR PAID VIA CONTACTLESS CARD MACHINE.
We advise all guests to open a room account upon arrival this will not only help to prevent spreading Covid but will also speed up service.
- A printed room bill will be placed under your door early on the morning of check out.
- To check out, all you need to do is return your room key to the box in reception. We will automatically take payment for your stay using the debit or credit card details we hold on file.
- You may request a final bill to be emailed to you at reception. If you did not book directly with the hotel, you will need to supply an email address to the reception team.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitisers before leaving the hotel.
Our people: training, hygiene and protection
- All of our hotel teams have undergone comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19.
- All staff will be temperature checked before arrival for work and will be required to self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 symptoms.
- Any staff member who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Internal regulations have been introduced that require our staff to wear the appropriate PPE during their shifts and to wash their hands frequently.
- Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points back of house for the teams to use.
- All kitchen teams will work adhering to the 1, meter social distancing guidance.
- Our Ruskin Covid-19 operating procedures are clearly displayed throughout the back of house areas.